The Coalition is a strategic national alliance of thousands of stakeholders and practitioners who are committed to the mission and vision of the organization.
Coalition Steering Committee
The Coalition is led by a Steering Committee that convenes monthly and provides strategic direction for the organization. We actively balance the membership and leadership of the Committee with thought leaders from the fields of science education, youth development and out-of-school learning. Given the dynamic, growing field of science afterschool, Committee members are expected to support the Director with timely, informed perspectives, expertise and forward thinking. New members are considered on an on-going basis and prospective members will have demonstrated commitment to the work, values and vision of the Coalition for Science After School.
- Judy Nee (Chair), AlphaBEST
- Dennis Bartels, Exploratorium
- Frank Davis, TERC
- Lucy Friedman, The After-School Corporation (TASC)
- Pam Garza, Garza & Associates
- Jodi Grant, Afterschool Alliance
- Kris Gutiérrez, University of Colorado, Boulder
- Patrick Lopez, Explora
- Gabrielle Lyon, Project Exploration
- Jane Quinn, Children’s Aid Society
- Elizabeth K. Stage, University of California, Lawrence Hall of Science